Saturday, November 24, 2012

Friday, November 23rd, 2012

The Friday after Thanksgiving and what do I find myself doing.....

It's eight o'clock at night, still exhausted from the planning, cooking, traveling, and eating involved in Thanksgiving day and I am sitting at my island in my kitchen in the little town of Winslow, Arkansas.  I didn't go Black Friday shopping but somehow find myself equally exhausted, I'm enjoying a cigarette and a red plastic cup of Chardonnay, I've already had a piece of fabulous left-over pumpkin pie and have yet to even think about dinner.  Instead, I've been pondering the thought of starting a blog and what people like to read on blogs.  My fiance and I have often made jokes of "another Friday night in Winslow", if you don't live here or have never heard of Winslow, you don't know that we are a small town (no big name restaurants or grocery stores, in fact we don't have a grocery store at all), and there is literally nothing to do here.  Don't get me wrong, I keep myself plenty busy, with remodeling our house, serving as treasurer on the board of a local non-profit, working full time, crafts, having three dogs, preparing for the possible end of the world, you know, all that every day stuff...... So the thought of adding yet another iron to my fire is crazy but I figured, what the hell, why not?  We often find ourselves doing some strange things on the weekend simply to entertain ourselves and we figured someone in this big world of ours, would enjoy laughing at our expense!

So here you are, the first Friday Night in Winslow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment