Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday, February 16th, 2013

Friday I spent the night, along with Damon helping me, sorting through a slew of paperwork for the non-profit I volunteer at.  Invoices to be paid, building the 2013 budget, collecting service statistics, trying to decipher all the governmental regulations, etc. 

I don't know whether it's sad that I spent my entire Friday night doing this, or if it makes me a good person to devote a Friday night to a worthy cause?

I do know that I have a terrible habit of signing myself up for too many "to-do's", finding myself with no free time whatsoever.  Now looking at this blog, I barely have time to actually write it on a Friday night.  The difference is, writing is what I love, if I could work for a living doing just that, I'd be a very happy person.  Instead, I end up having so much to do that I can't find time for what I love. 

Now, that is sad.

Don't get me wrong, it's usually my own fault!  I know that I already have zero time to do anything extra, but when I want to try something, or I get excited about something, and I just go for it.  Then there are the times when someone says "hey, your good at that, why don't you do it", and my dumb ass goes and does it.  Only problem is, usually what's being asked of me is just the tip of the iceberg, once I start doing it, it turns out to be way more than I bargained for.  Being only slightly OCD, I don't want to do it half-assed, even if what was asked of me wasn't the whole story, I continue to jump in and give it my all anyway.

I guess I'm just saying that after this mountain of paperwork, and all of the other time and effort that has gone into my volunteering, I find myself feeling like "butter spread over too much bread".  It's not a good feeling; feeling conflicted about what path you want to take yourself down is scary enough in itself. 

Moral of my little rant...... Don't overlook the important things in life, trying to conquer the world.  Find time to watch a sunset, have breakfast in bed, go for a walk, play with your dogs, spend time with your family and friends, and just "do you"!  Take some "me" time and do something YOU really want to do, relax, and truly enjoy yourself once in a while!  

Just for fun:
Weekly shopping trip: Bought $34.21 worth of stuff, but after coupons and sales: Spent only $18.73 out of pocket! 

No comments:

Post a Comment