Sunday, October 13, 2013

Friday, October 4th, 2013

Novelist Vladimir Nabokov wrote: "Nothing revives the past so completely as a smell that was once associated with it."

Friday night candle-making!




I haven't made any candles in awhile, so I thought I'd try out some of my new scents!  I'm hoping to get larger quantities of the best scents soon so I can make more candles at once.  The above, believe it or not, is a whole am pound of wax!  I prepping for Christmas presents so I tried "holiday sparkle" and "gingerbread cookies" as my scents for tonight.



Of course, it just made me want to eat cookies but I stayed focused and got some candles made!  I even experimented with doing two colors/scents in one candle, I went with white and red:




 They aren't quite dry yet but they smell great so far, and as soon as they set, I always take one and burn it so I can guarantee they smell great!

Good night Winslownians, hope you enjoyed reading about my candle-making!


Just for fun:
Bought only $15.86 worth of food and household items, but after coupons and sales: Spent $12.82 out of pocket.  We didn't need much of anything this week but I still saved a little!  Don't forget the coupons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment