Friday, November 7, 2014

October 31st, 2014 - Happy Halloween

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: "Where there is no imagination there is no horror."

This week we continued our process of watching every movie that has ever won an Oscars for best picture in history.  We watched The Life of Emile Zola (1937), skipping over The Great Ziegfeld (1936) because Netflix has a Long wait on it. Then we watched You Can't Take it With You (1938) which was pretty good but we're starting to realize that some of these old movies would be so much more entertaining if they picked up the pace a bit. Then we watched the classic, and also another great Clark Gable movie, Gone with the Wind (1939) and then Rebecca (1940).  If you have never seen any of these movies, you should definitely add it to you bucket list. They are not always what I would consider the best movies, but they are classics!

Today at work, I wore a sweatshirt and jeans, and people kept asking me what I was suppose to be (because Halloween is huge at my job) and I said I was a serial killer.....because they look just like everyone else.... A few people enjoyed it but I also got a few strange looks.  So anyway, since it's Halloween we decided to take a break from our mystery bag challenge to watch scary movies and eat junk food.  We started the evening off with making some frozen strawberry margaritas and had some chips and queso, yummy cheesy goodness!  We actually didn't make the queso, I found some white queso and jalapeno dip that Chili's makes (you can find it in the freezer section). 

We started off watching Poltergeist, a classic as far as horror movies goes.  It was funny to watch because of all the seventies clothes they were wearing, but still a great movie.  "Go into the light Carolann" somehow just made me think of Carol from The Walking Dead and "Look at the flowers, Lizzy".  Anyway.... I'm rambling.

So next we served up some chicken egg rolls, cream cheese wontons, and pot-stickers.  I don't know why we felt so Asian inspired after our Mexican start to the evening but who cares, it was all delicious!  Next we went on to another movie, not exactly one of our classics for All Hallow's Eve but we haven't seen it in a long time so we watched Red Dragon with Edward Norton and the awesome Anthony Hopkins.

It's getting late at this point but we squeezed in The Exorcist, one of our classic Halloween movies.  Unfortunately, we're heading to Tulsa this weekend and have a lot to do before we go so we didn't get to finish our scary movie marathon, Exorcist 3, The Shining, Halloween, etc. 

Anyway, tomorrow we have to mow, for the last time this year, YEA!!!!  Then we still have to pack and get ready for our trip. Damon is going down to help his brother erect a Quonset hut and I am going down to makeover my moms bedroom (I've been working on it forever so I know mom will be happy to finally have a brand new room!).


So we'll get back to our mystery bag challenge next week and my goal is to stump Damon like he stumped me last week!  Hmmm Maybe I will give him beer battered cod fillets, peanut butter, cottage cheese, and goldfish (the crackers, you freaks)?  LOL!  It's pretty easy to just name off four ingredients, not so easy to come up with four that will actually be edible when finished!

For those of you keeping track, Damon = 51.5, Christina = 50.5, we'll see what happens next week!


Next week is Damon's turn to cook and my turn to turn up the heat on this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment