Monday, April 13, 2015

March 21st, 2015

Miranda Kerr: "My goal involves a hammock, a vegetable patch, and a solar-powered house.  And I hope to eventually get there."

The weather has been so crazy and we've been waiting for the right time to plant our vegetables.  Today is the day and hopefully that won't bite us in the butt!  

Today we are planting six jalapeno plants (cause I like it spicy!!), one strawberry plant, one cherry tomato plant, one roma tomato plant, and one red bell pepper plant.  We've had luck in the past with our roma's and peppers but our cherry tomato plant last year didn't do didly and neither did the strawberry plant.  This year, our strawberry plant already had a couple of berries on it so hopefully that's a good sign!!

We are also going to attempt to transplant a few evergreens from the back forty of our property to up by where the driveway meets the road (my goal is to have a wall of evergreens along side the road).  I attempted this a couple years ago, my mom and sister helped me while Damon was building our dog houses.  I pretty much killed them all by not taking good enough care of them.  I was able to bring one back to life because as soon as I saw that they looked like they had all died, I started going out religiously to "miracle grow" them.  We planted four, I resurrected just one from the dead. 

Anyway, we plan on transplanting two more larger ones on either side of "the tree that did" (because it so did come back from the dead).  Fortunately, we already have quite a few evergreens out along the road so hopefully this project can be done in another year or two.  

Yeap, that's all folks.  This is Winslow and don't you forget it!

                                     
Next week is our one year wedding anniversary, yeah us!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment