Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday, June 28th, 2013

Quote by Benjamin Franklin "A penny saved is a penny earned."

Friday night Christmas shopping in June???

That's right, I went Christmas shopping and for those of you who think I'm crazy to be thinking about Christmas or buying sweaters in the dead of summer, just wait!

You've probably figured out by now that I like to be prepared, Christmas is no different.  I absolutely refuse to go anywhere near a mall or a Wal-Mart in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and Christmas, no deal is handsome enough to tempt me.  People are crazy that close to the holidays and I want no part of it. 

Some people might say that all that drama and rushing around is part of the fun of Christmas, I say your stupid.  Being a nervous wreck, rushing all over town for a sale, over spending and over paying for the hottest item of the season, all ridiculous and in my opinion have absolutely nothing to do with Christmas.

Doing it my way, I'm not fighting crowds, I get to take my time to really think about the person I'm buying for, and I get to save like crazy which means I can buy more things for everyone!  FYI - we also have a strict budget for everything including Christmas so in order to make the most of it, I shop deals throughout the year. 

Anyway, Kohl's is having a pretty huge clearance sale of winter clothes right now, literally a lot of stuff is marked down 80%.  I was literally able to buy everyone in my family at least one thing, (if you don't think this is of any importance, our immediate families combined total 19 people) and I spent a little over a hundred bucks.  So, do you still think I'm crazy for Christmas shopping in June?  If so, check out the below:

Just for fun:
Christmas shopping trip: Bought $792.79 worth of stuff, but after coupons and sales: Spent $109.71 out of pocket!  That's an 86% savings people!!!  That's ridiculous savings, not to mention I have $20 off my next purchase, which I will use with a coupon and purchase more clearance items (making at least two of those items in my cart completely free)!

No comments:

Post a Comment