Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Saturday, September 7th, 2013

Quote by Vince Lombardi "If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"

I didn't have time to write anything Friday night. Honestly, I didn't do much of anything but stress about work and volunteering, and I'm sure you've all heard enough about that by now.  So, I decided to tell you all about Saturday night in Goshen, AR, on a farm, in the heat, sweating our butts off.

That's right, we volunteered at "Polo In The Ozarks" in Goshen, AR. I don't know how hot it was exactly, but judging by the amount of sweat pouring off of Damon and I, I'd say it was pretty flippin' hot!

We'd never seen a polo match before, so we thought we'd check it out. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure we were that impressed.  I say that because I never had any idea what was going on, and I'm not really into watching any kind of sport......especially when it's so flippin' hot outside!!!

But, it was cool to see all the horses and all the free beer and food was great!



I thought I might get to ride this fella but I think it was for actual kids, not people like me that act like a kid....damn...

This is what Damon and I worked on, setting the flower arrangements!




Hope you enjoyed reading about our little excursion out of Winslow, Goodnight!


Just for fun:
Bought $14.02 
worth of food and household items, but after coupons and sales: Spent only $8.72 out of pocket.  We didn't need much of anything this week but I still saved almost half of what I did buy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment