Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Friday, February 28th, 2014

Oliver Wendell Holmes, "Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."


It's another Friday night in Winslow and it's also Damon's birthday weekend!!  I had grand plans of camping out tonight (you may think that not too grand, but we have all this beautiful land and never get to enjoy it and we love camping) but the weather didn't cooperate with my planning.  The forecast is calling for a low of 31 degrees tonight and it rained this morning and camping in the wet and cold can suck.
 
So, I let my imagination take control of the situation.  I decided that we would still camp, just in a more unconventional way - I pitched the tent in the living room!! Lol!


What kind of birthday is that, you say?  And I would say to that, stop being such a grown up that you can't be goofy and have a little fun sometimes!  Surely, you used to make forts out of blankets and furniture when you were a kid and you probably had a blast doing it!  At least I actually got out a real tent for him!  Lol!  

Seriously, it was fun turning out all the lights in the house, breaking out the lanterns, playing the radio, and just hanging out in the tent playing cards, but this isn't all I have planned for Damon's birthday.  I have the entire rest of the weekend planned out for him and we're gonna have a lot of fun!



Happy Birthday to my one and only!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment