Tuesday, March 15, 2016

February Friday-ish Night Catch Up.....

Henry David Thoreau: "It is not enough to be busy.  So are the ants.  The question is: What are we busy about."


It's been awhile since I've posted because things have been so busy that I just haven't had the time to sit down each week to write.  So, I thought I'd just do a catch up post and hopefully stay on track after this!  I say that, fully knowing that the next couple of months are equally busy for us but I'm trying to be a "half glass full" kinda girl!

Here goes:

Still enjoying wildlife in the yard, the deer don't normally come this close to the fence but Molly Brown was still sleeping and didn't have time to scare the poor thing away!



And, on the way home from work one day.......There was a rather large pig in the road......I know, only in the country!!  It's hard to see but I managed to snap a pic.




Next, we had Superbowl Sunday, a tradition in which we eat junk food all day, drink beer and watch the game.  I will just say, "PuppyMonekyBaby", yes, a little disturbing but we laughed out loud pretty hard when we saw the commercial.  Here's some of our yummy food we grazed on.







We of course did some more work on our bathroom but we've been out of town and celebrating and this and that so we are still not done.  We are making progress though, we have all supplies and everything we need to finish, we just need to find the time to do it!

Work is pretty hectic right now and that's been keeping me super busy and super stressed and of course we have our volunteer work and various projects we're working on for that.

I got my copies of my Chicken Soup for the Soul; My Very Good, Very Bad Dog and I was super excited, this being the first time I've been published with Chicken Soup for the Soul but I intend for it to not be my last!



Next, we went out to celebrate Valentine's Day, on Saturday, because of course, Sunday belongs to the DEAD!  Also, we've tried going out on Valentine's Day in the past and the crowds and the waiting are just not worth it!  We went to Powerhouse for steak and drinks and had a great time!

                                  
   
                                       

We also did a wine sampling, of our own homemade wine, five slightly different batches of red wine and we are so getting close to a pretty damn perfect batch.  Our last batch was our favorite so we are definitely getting the hang of wine making!



Ummmm, yes my Christmas tree is still up, I told you I've been busy.  Well, not really, I'd leave it up all year if Damon would let me! lol  Christmas is my favorite holiday after all!  

Then of course, Sunday we ate more junk food and had a Walking Dead party, for the mid-season premiere.  The episode by far, had to be the best but for those of you who haven't watched it, I will just say it was pretty awesome!

We didn't get my blizzard I was hoping for, but we did get a little bit of snow. 









Our friend came out for a "Survivor Weekend", the plan was to see who could make fire the fastest without using a match or lighter, show off our bug out bags and see who was most likely to survive the Zombie Apocalypse, or (some other, more likely disaster), you know just the normal weekend things that people do.....Right???

And, I think that about wraps it up for February, check out the next blog for Damon's Birthday Weekend Extravaganza!


No comments:

Post a Comment