Saturday, January 5, 2013

Friday, January 4th, 2013

Friday Night in Winslow, yet again!

Boy this week was tough, I had to go back to work on Wednesday after 14 straight days off!!  I sooo needed the break and wasn't ready to go back, but who ever is ready to go back to work after a vacation?

Anyway, I came home from work with every intention of going up to my bed, kicking off my shoes, and watching some TV and not moving from that spot for the rest of the evening.  Assuming of course, I could have somehow talked Damon into making dinner and serving it to me in bed.  Don't hate ladies, he has been known to serve me breakfast in bed on occasion, so this wouldn't have been a stretch.

At any rate, no matter how lazy my intentions were, I found myself wanting to finish a sewing project that I started at least 6 months ago.  A lousy apron and it takes me that long!  To be fair, I wanted it to be super cute and different so I attempted this without a pattern.  I just went to Hobby Lobby, picked myself out some fabrics that went with our "fat chef" inspired kitchen motif, and went to work!  Well, obviously I didn't get right to work but I did start almost immediately!  So several hours and even more glasses of "the recipe"* later, I was done! Sure there are a few minor flaws that I'm woman enough to admit, for example, one pocket is slightly larger than the other and the same pocket is a little crooked, but hey, it's not too shabby for my first apron!  I also got started on one for Damon (it will be more manly, I assure you) but then I got tired, so I'm sure you'll hear all about that adventure in another six months or so!



By the way, when I finished my sewing, I joined Damon on the couch for some old reruns of Home Improvement.  Still, a very entertaining show if I do say so myself!

This is the extent of entertainment in Winslow, what else can I say???

*"The Recipe" is the term we coined for Vodka and Seltzer with a dash of Lime Juice... because that's how we roll in Winslow!  And to paint an even clearer picture, we call it that to pay homage to The Waltons, an old 70's TV show that featured two old spinsters who brewed their own moonshine from their papa's old "recipe".   

No comments:

Post a Comment