Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday, August 2nd, 2013

Quote by John Calvin "The torture of a bad conscience is the hell of a living soul."

So things are getting super busy and of course really stressful at work, so I decided to take the day off today.  I turned the ringer off on my personal and work phones, shut off my work laptop, and slept late this morning.  I ate a mountain of french toast in bed this morning and then spent the rest of day getting caught up on the shows I have recorded on DVR.

I spent the whole day just relaxing and watching TV and not worrying about life or work... and it felt great!  Everyone needs a day to just be lazy and recharge.

Of course, after spending the entire day in bed, my ADHD kicked in and I started thinking about projects I need to work on, research I need to do, etc. I don't know if that makes me ADHD or if it's just because I have a guilty conscience about not getting a damn thing done today.

I generally move around so much, try to do so many things, that I often don't take the time to rest and recharge.  If you know me, you know that when I get into something, I go for it full force.  If there's a problem, I want to fix it, I want to conquer it.  Unfortunately, I far too often want to get involved in so many different things that I always have a to-do list a mile long.  Then I feel guilty if I'm not constantly working to mark items off of it.

So this evening, I attempted to do both; I decided to kick up my feet (we've moved to the couch), put on some reruns of 'Friends', pour a glass of red wine, and work on some low impact projects.  I got a few things done for my mom and I of course realized that I had yet to publish last week's blog, so I got that done too. 

Anyway, I'm glad I took the day off.  I really needed it and I got a few things done too, so I don't have to feel too guilty for being lazy!

Goodnight Winslownians!
 

Just for fun:
Bought $6.70
worth of food and household items, but after coupons and sales: Spent only $2.80 out of pocket.  We didn't need much of anything this week but I still saved over 50% of what I did buy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment