Thursday, August 15, 2013

Friday, August 9th, 2013

Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson "In order to learn the important lessons in life, one must, each day, surmount a fear."

Another Friday night but not in Winslow....

This year was the 115th Annual Tontitown Grape Festival in of course, Tontitown, Arkansas and we decided to check it out.  I was hoping to pay homage to the classic 'I Love Lucy' episode and stomp some grapes but unfortunately, they did that earlier in the week.

So we didn't get to stomp grapes but we did get to ride some relatively nerve-wracking carnival rides.  Things change the older you get, I used to love roller coasters and anything that went fast and made me feel like I could fly......Apparently, I don't have the stomach for it anymore.  No, I didn't puke, though I'm sure if I would have indulged in some awesome carnival food, I may have lost it after riding some of those rides.

I was pretty freaked out that I might go flying right out of one of those rides and that I guess, use to be the fun of it, but now it just left me feeling a little old.  Regardless, we had a lot of fun and I rode the rides even though I was nervous before I got on them.

There were a ton of vendors selling their crafts and other various items, and we were about to read about how Tontitown was founded by the Italian immigrants that settled it was really interesting.  They were selling authentic Italian dinners and even serving wine from an Arkansas winery, though I must admit, I was disappointed they didn't use Tontitown's very own winery to supply the wine. 

Next year, we'll definitely plan on going on the grape stomping day! 
 

Just for fun:
Bought $11.30
worth of food and household items, but after coupons and sales: Spent only $6.31 out of pocket.  

No comments:

Post a Comment