Monday, December 30, 2013

Friday, December 20th, 2013

Elbert Hubbard said, "No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one."


Finally!!!!

Today marked the first day of my vacation!  I'll be off work for a week and a half and I need it!  Things have been a little crazy lately and Christmas is my favorite holiday, so I always save my vacation time for Christmas!  To be fair, I just worked from home for a week due to the snow, but that is truly not a vacation. I work more hours when I'm working at home than I do in the office!  I guess it's because of the quite, no one coming into my office, no phone ringing off the hook, etc.

At any rate, I'm done with all of my shopping but we did have some last minute gift wrapping to do and a couple of gift baskets to put together so we finished that up tonight!

I think we're all set for Christmas, other than some food were going to cook on Monday!  I'll be making my yummy homemade dinner rolls and Damon will be making his southwestern sweet corn to take to our family dinners.

Since we can't do that until Monday, we decided to continue our Christmas movie marathon tonight and we went with "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".  No matter what you might think of the movie, in fact, I imagine that most people think it's silly or just down right stupid, but we still find it pretty flippin' hilarious!!

I don't really care for Randy Quaid, I just don't, but I have to admit, in this movie, I love him.  Mostly, because I think it makes me think of how awful it would be to have a cousin like this in my family!! Still, he's pretty hilarious and while I don't generally care for Chevy Chase either, this is the best of their little vacations this family has ever taken in my opinion!

The movie is full of ridiculous moments that have to make you smile and at least chuckle just a little bit!


I hope you all have plenty of smiles and laughter this Christmas!!



Just for fun:
Bought only $19.50 worth of food and household items, but after coupons and sales: Spent only $14.50 out of pocket.  

No comments:

Post a Comment