Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Friday, March 1st, 2013

So tomorrow is Damon's birthday and I have been so unbelievably busy at work, volunteering, and all the other fun stuff I get myself into, that I haven't had the chance to get ready for his birthday!

So, Damon and I have been famous for planning these special surprise weekend trips for each other on our birthdays or Valentine's Day, Christmas, etc.; we've done Eureka Springs, we've slept in an old-time train caboose, we've camped-out in the sleet and snow, we've done murder mystery dinners, we've stayed in haunted hotels, we've done a lot!

We are on a budget, so of course we're not taking off to New York City for his birthday, but that doesn't mean that you can't have a special day with your significant other on the cheap!

I remember reading an article, several months ago, that was basically a Northwest Arkansas "Bucket List". Considering that we are from Tulsa and haven't lived here for very long, I was sure there was a lot of stuff to see and do around here that we haven't been to yet.  So, I sent Damon away to busy himself elsewhere, while I compiled my lists of things to do in the area.  I made my own version of a "Bucket List", using various articles and recommendations from friends, and I presented Damon with a list of about 30 things to do and places to eat.  Of course, this little hint came with a bottle of champagne and some fresh strawberries.

I know you didn't think I was going to just tell him where we were going, did you? Lol!

Since I was too busy to post this on Friday, I can tell you that we visited the Crystal Bridges Art Museum, the Walmart Visitors Center, ate at the Flying Fish, visited the Pinnacle gas station, that is more like a gourmet food store than a gas station, and we played some video games and went bowling at Fast Lanes.  All firsts for us both!

Just for fun:
Weekly shopping trip: Bought $70.92 worth of stuff, but after coupons and sales: Spent only $45.17 out of pocket!   On top of that, I can say that for the month of February, we saved $290.54, that's 30%, so why aren't you couponing????



No comments:

Post a Comment