Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Friday, March 22nd, 2013

Quote by Cyril Connolly "Better to write for yourself and have no public than to write for the public and have no self"

Still spring cleaning.....

So during my Friday night of cleaning, I once again came to the realization that for two people, we have way too much stuff.  So, I tried to talk Damon into some hardcore de-hoarding (my ADD kicking in), Damon quickly saw that I was wondering and lovingly said "focus".  Back on track, one thing at a time, I'm spring cleaning in March, I'll officially name April de-hoarding month!  I'm not entirely certain Damon was pleased with this declaration, as he knew full well it meant that he too would find himself with a to-do everyday. 

Focus......

So we wanted to get our jobs done and done quick.  We had plans of snuggling up on the couch with a glass of wine after dinner and watching a movie.  So, I assigned Damon the job of pulling out the stove and refrigerator to vacuum and polish the floors behind them.  Damon absolutely doesn't allow me to do this very often.  He doesn't like it when things are "jostled", rightfully so with the fridge, it has an ice maker/water dispenser and anyone who despises plumbing as we do, knows that you don't F with plumbing when everything is in good working order!  I could start a whole other blog about plumbing, that many of you would probably find far more entertaining than this (note the quote at the top of the page), simply because you wouldn't believe the shear amount of mishaps one couple could have with plumbing, especially when the couple truly knows what the hell their doing!

Sorry.... I'm focusing....

My task at hand, organizing my closet.  This is something I should make myself do at least once a month.  I have a very bad habit of everything that doesn't yet have a home, ending up on the floor of my closet.  Shut up, I consider it my INBOX.  Eventually, one little thing at a time, I find a permanent home for those items.

So I rushed to try to get this done quickly enough to call it quits for the evening, but I soon found myself starving and ready for dinner (the three or four glasses of wine didn't help) but I was nowhere near done.  My motto to organization, you must cause chaos before you can truly get things organized.  So, I basically pulled everything out of my closet, except for the clothes on the rack.  I made myself several little piles all over the floor and began organizing and putting things in their proper places, managing to do a small amount of de-hoarding while I was at it.  Then I got over it, put everything I hadn't gotten to yet back in the closet and came down for dinner.

We ate dinner and decided to just hang out in the kitchen and talked the night away and completely forgot about the movie.


Just for fun:
Weekly shopping trip: Bought $19.53 worth of stuff, but after coupons and sales: Spent only $10.53 out of pocket! 

No comments:

Post a Comment