Monday, May 20, 2013

Friday, May 10th, 2013

Quote by Charles Darwin "A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life."

Yet another Friday Night in little old Winslow.  We decided to spend the night getting caught up on some movies that we had rented and have yet to watch. 

First, "Lawless".  I don't know why we even rented this movie.  I tend to just pick movies to rent based on who is in them, and most of the time I don't even bother watching a preview or reading the description.  Of course, I pick movies with actors I've seen before and know of, assuming that if they are a halfway descent actor, then the movie will be worth watching.  "Lawless" had a couple of known actors, but when I picked it the only person I knew of was Shia LaBeouf.  I'm not saying that it was the best movie ever, but it was definitely worth watching! It was much better than I thought it would be, especially after such a slow start.  Overall, if you haven't seen it and are looking for something to rent, I say give it a try.

The second movie we watched was "Battleship".  I know, I know.... Hollywood has absolutely no original ideas left in their strung out heads BUT, I actually kinda got into it.  I didn't want to like it, Damon and I were in no hurry whatsoever to watch it, but we actually didn't mind it as much as we thought we would.  Sure it was just another action flick, but it had some pretty good scenes.  Again, I rented this because of Liam Neeson was in it, I was sad that he was hardly even in the movie, but I didn't walk away feeling like I had just gave away two hours of my life that I would never get back. I have definitely had that feeling about movies before.

All in all, a simple evening at home, just hanging out and watching movies!

Just for fun:
Weekly shopping trip: Bought $18.90 worth of stuff, but after coupons and sales: Spent $10.90 out of pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment