Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fourth of July - 2015


.....And another not so Friday Night in Winslow for you.  As you may know by now, Damon and I serve as on the Board of Directors for a small non-profit here in Winslow and we have one of our fundraisers tonight!  We serve food at the concession stand at the ballpark (where they do their firework display), all proceeds go to our little non-profit.  So, we worked the closing shift and got to serve/cashier/shut down and pack up.  It all went well and we got it all wrapped up before the fireworks display!





We are even closer to the end of our Best Picture Oscar winning movie marathon!  This week we watched Chicago (2002) which I remember being a REALLY big deal but honestly, after watching it, I still don't get it.  I've said repeatedly that we aren't big musical fans but I do try my best to appreciate the good ones.  This one was okay, I think the entire cast is overrated and that didn't help matters. If you don't like musicals but want to give one a try, I'd say go with Jesus Christ Superstar or Phantom of the Opera.  Anyway, next up we watched The Lord of the Rings, the Return of the King (2003), even if your not a fan of Tolkien or even into fantasy type movies, I don't know how you can't just get into these movies.  We of course watched all three, not just the last one that won the Oscar.  Lastly, we watched Million Dollar Baby (2004) and with no happy ending, I kinda thought it sucked but if I forget about the horrible ending, I guess I could say it was okay movie, not one I'll likely watch again but it was okay.   




Happy Fourth of July Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment