Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Friday, December 14th, 2012

So on Friday a terrible tragedy occured in Newtown, CT.  20 children and 6 adults lost their lives at the hands of a, lets say "disturbed" person.  My heart goes out to the families of each and every person who was slain that day.  BUT, I am a little disgusted by the fact that people are turning towards outlawing guns due to this tragedy.  Let us not forget the Century Movie Theater (12 dead, 58 injured), Columbine High School (13 dead, 15 including the assailaints and 21 injured), the Oregon shopping mall (2 dead, 3 including the assailant, 1 injured) that happened only a few days before Sandy Hook.

I'm not in any way making light of the situation, what happened was a tragedy and it turns my stomach to think of all those young children slain for no reason.  However, talking about stricter gun control isn't going to solve the United States' problems or reduce the number of deaths we see in a year.  According to the CDC, in 2009, there were 36,216 motor vehicle deaths, 24,792 falls resulting in death, 39,147 drug induced deaths, 24,518 alcohol induced deaths, and 11,493 assault (homicide) by discharge of firearms.  So if we're going to take away guns, lets do away with cars, all types of drugs and alcohol, and what the hell, lets make all surfaces padded so no one will ever fall and die again. 

My point is this, lets not assume that just guns kill people, when in actuality, stupid or rather disturbed people with guns kill people.  My heart goes out to the families of the victims, as did my heart with any of the above mentioned events.  However, don't take away my 2nd amendment rights, it's my right to keep and bear arms and it's  your right not to, if you so choose!  My right to protect myself, my family.  You can't take that away because of a few people with "problems" who decide to shoot at people for no reason.  Rest assured, if I'm aiming my glock or 12 gauge shotgun at you, it's with damn good reason!

And another thing, lets stop trying to find reason when there is none.  Blaiming Autism is not the answer, any more than blaiming gun owners.  He didn't walk into that school to shoot a bunch of little kids, after murdering his own mother because he may have had a form of Autism.  He was flippin' crazy, just like all the other assholes who shoot at random strangers.  Quit trying to create a reason for it and just accept that some people are crazy and they do crazy things.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment