Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday, December 21st, 2012

So, it's another Friday night in Winslow......

It also happens to be 12/21/12!  According to the Mayan calendar, today marks the day of a "world change"!  If you think I'm a lune and that I'm the only person in the world who's even heard of this, you should have been watching the History channel this week!  For the past 3 days at least, the History channel has been all about the return of Christ, Nostradamus, Edgar Casey, the Mayan calendar, Armageddon, conspiracy theories about the end of the world, etc. 

Well, I woke up this morning and we still had power, which was my number one concern.  We checked CNN and saw that nothing of much interest was going on in the world, at least nothing catastrophic.  To be fair, the Mayan calendar indicated a "world change", not so specific, so who's to say that what they predicted hasn't happened?  Maybe an asteroid is on a collision course with earth, maybe an earthquake in the mid-pacific could have occurred and will result in a tsunami warning for the entire west coast, or maybe, the calendar interpretation is off by a couple of days?  Understand how long ago the calendar was created.  If our interpretation is off by a day or two, how can you blame them?  Some even think that the day is 12/23 and not 12/21, so stay tuned! 

Considering that yesterday was the start of my week and a half vacation from work, I turned off the news and turned on one of the 25+ Christmas movies I have saved on DVR.  After a couple of Christmas movies, I got around and started working on the house.  We got super close to finishing the dining room today.  I even hung some art on the wall!  My favorite part of home renovations, next to the demolition phase, is the decorating!!  Anyway, we finished that up, made ourselves a cocktail, discussed the remaining house projects, made plans for our Christmas travels, and then broke out the Monopoly!  I currently own  75% of the board, poor Damon needed a little break, so I thought I would write this up during my down time.  When I finish kicking his ass, we'll start our Christmas movie tradition where we watch the "classics" on the days before Christmas.  We start off with the best Christmas movie ever, It's a Wonderful Life!  Then it's Scrooged, then it's A Christmas Carol (Damon insists on the version with George C. Scott), and then we finish it off on Christmas Eve with National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!

That's it ladies and gentlemen, this is how we roll on a Friday Night in Winslow! Catch ya next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment